A U-tube heat exchanger is used mostly according to the counter-flow principle.
For heat transport according to the counter-flow principle, hot and cold medium flow in opposing directions. As a result, heat recovery of almost 100% is achieved. Counter-flow heat exchangers therefore have a very high efficiency level.
Due to the bent individual tubes, a heat exchanger with U-tube bundles require significantly less space than a straight tube heat exchanger with the same design. U-tube heat exchangers also only generate a low pressure loss during operation.
Corrosion and deposits can be minimized by using stainless steel. The number of maintenance intervals is thus drastically reduced. In addition a replacement of a worn tube bundle is possible.
Example industries for u-tube heat exchangers are:
• Industrial waste heat recovery solutions
• Oil and gas industry
• Chemical industry
The advantages of u-tube heat exchangers are:
• wide variety of engineering designs
• wide variety of materials for optimal thermal conductivity
• cost-effective calculations for optimal capacity
• space saving designs
• custom-made casing design for larger installations with easy cleaning benefits