Main Sources of Waste Heat can be summarized as following:
• Exhaust or flue gases from: Boilers, furnaces, heaters, kilns, combustion turbines, engines etc.
• Exhaust air from ovens, dryers, etc.
• Hot liquids or water from processes
• Steam from various sources
• Hot products discharged from the heating equipment (i.e. hot steel, clinkers, glass ware, castings etc.)
• Radiation – convection heat from hot sources (i.e. ducts, conveyors etc.)
• Chemical reactors (heat of exothermic reactions)
• Other sources