WORKING OF INTERNAL SCREW MIXERS:
• It consists of a vertical vessel with a screw rotating to achieve the circulation of material and secondly the elevation of material.
• This results in intermixing of solid grains as well as shear action to the ones in contact with the screw or the walls of container.
• The feed enters from bottom usually with aim to nullify the gravity factor which could escape the molecules without desired mixing.
• Two vessel shapes are normally used for this category, the cylindrical and the conical
APPLICATION OF SCREW MIXERS:
• Mixing and homogenization of powders, pastes and slurries
• Granulation or agglomeration of powders
• Addition or injection of liquids into dry powders
• Reaction under vacuum or pressure conditions
• Processing of powders under inert conditions
• Heating and cooling of powders
• Storage of non-free flowing powders
• De aeration or densification of powders
• Homogenization of particle size and color